Friday, June 18, 2010

The Silence of Love by Han Yong'un

Love is gone, gone is my love.Tearing himself away from me he has goneon a little path that stretches in the splendor ofa green hill into the autumn-tinted forest.Our last oath, shining and enduringlike a gold-mosaicked flower,has turned to cold ashes, blown awayin the breath of wind.I remember his poignant first kiss and its memoryhas wrought a complete change in my destiny,then withdrawn into oblivion.I hear not his sweet voice; I see not his fair looks.Since it is human to love, I, alert, dreaded aparting to come when we met.The separation came so suddenlyit broke my heart with renewed sorrow.Yet, I know parting can only destroy our love ifit causes futile tears to fall.I would rather transfer the surge of this sorrowonto the summit of hopefulness.As we dread parting when we meet, so,we promise to meet again when we part.Though my love is gone, I am not parted from love;an untiring love-song envelops the silence of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment